View Single Post
Old 05-21-2008, 18:59   #5
RED64CJ5

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjlandry
I've claimed atheism in the past, yet this applies only to religion. I believe in a higher being, but I don't believe that this supreme being has ever been properly defined by any man. You could say that my "God" is the power of the good of humanity, but I believe that something, somewhere, at some time created the universe and all of the spirits within.
The beauty of the craft is we don't care what your religious or non-religious background may be. You just probably won't want to join the York Rite...

Basically recognizing the supreme being is the most important, but you might consider your beliefs as to "afterlife" as well. Such as...Do you believe in immortality of the soul? I have Masonic brothers who are Muslim, Jews, etc.

Quote:
I've always been a bit of a rebel, I'm not "clean cut", I'm not a criminal, I travel the country frequently and visit other countries a few times each year.
Yay. You won't be a alone. What's so bad about visiting other countries? Heck, I go to the Middle East and everyone's favorite...France!

Quote:
I never know when I'll be called out on my job, which could interfere with making Lodge meetings (or whatever they're called).

I don't want my lack of a schedule to interfere with anyone else.
I travel extensively for work but yet find value in participation (when I can). No one frowns on my lack of attendance.

Quote:
What do you gentlemen think?
Go for it. I am in Corpus Christi occasionally for work. Let me know what Lodge you end up joining and I'll pay it a visit.
RED64CJ5 is offline   Reply With Quote