View Single Post
Old 09-06-2008, 13:07   #97
cookekdjr

Quote:
Originally Posted by striker6126 View Post
Watch starting at 0:30 until 1:10 no where was a Ron Paul supporter or a Vet . It was only the code pink libtard with a msnbc press pass that the comment in question was directed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6TAY...eature=related

Btw i am also a gulf war vet and i have no problem with Mccain. The vets I know do not believe that just because we served this GREAT COUNTRY that anyone owes us anything.
Ok, I see where the confusion is. The interviews and reporting I've heard on this were that the code pink and vet protests were very close in time. I understood that the vet felt like the static comment etc was directed towards him. I can see why you would think otherwise in light of how the code pink person is shown on camera while the vet is not. I've followed this story on more than one outlet and it was understood based on the reporters present and the vet who was led away in handcuffs that they felt the static comment was directed towards him. Maybe McCain meant the comment only towards the code pink folks and was ignoring the vet (which is still pretty bad in my opinion to ignore the vets he supposedly cares about).
cookekdjr is offline   Reply With Quote