View Single Post
Old 09-28-2008, 18:35   #5
Malkuth
Defend Freedom

Send a message via ICQ to Malkuth Send a message via AIM to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jav21 View Post
There are other games like this out there and you can contact those organization for tips.

I used to play "Midnight Challenge" and "Nitto1320" which are drag racing based game where players could buy racing parts by selling magazines or race other players for pick slips and take their cars and money. Nitto1320 also had its own live chat rooms and forums. The above became a full on competition where players could use real money to buy upgraded accounts and parts. The top players in a round won actual prizes.

Everything I am talking about was happening about 5 years ago so I have no idea how complex it is now.

I must say Eric that this can become an impossible to manage and very time intensive endeavor 'edit - for you' without having many mods to support it. Cheating also became rampant as hackers could create digital revenue streams which led to real revenue.
Eric has already thought of this and this is why down the road he will add more mods that are interested in Helping move this game along. Right now the game is only day old and I don't think we have to worry to much about cheating yet..

This is going to be a community based game. The ideas and such are mostly going to be yours and other members. Eric will put in the things he can and is willing to do, and can do.