View Single Post
Old 11-15-2008, 22:42   #2
jetboatdriver
CLM Number 47
Charter Lifetime Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditch_digger View Post
Would it be considered an honor to be asked by the incoming WM to be the Senior Deacon if you are a new MM and have never held any other officer's position?

The brother who will most likely be the next WM asked me if I would consider being the SD if he is elected WM. I have been going to all the practices I can and have the first 3 work lectures memorized, and have set in the JS's chair for the EA Degree, plus I was asked to do the EA Work Lecture for the EA Degree, and I have also set in the SS's chair to open the FC Degree. I have been on cloud 9 since I was asked and didn't really want to ask anyone from the Lodge for obvious reasons, so I thought I might use the knowledgeable, kind brothers on this board for a "sounding board".

Just want to make sure I am not going too fast, but I feel I am ready to take on the responsibility and really look forward to learning the SD degree work and the MC Lecture.

What are your thoughts???

Thanks in advance...

ditch_digger
In a word - Yes

Happened to me as well - go for it!!!!!!
Lone Star Glockers #3036 - Big Dawgs # 1903 - SW Solstice Club - Nat'l Assoc Solstice/Sky Owners
Panther City #1183, AF&AM Cooke-Peavy 1162 AF&AM Worth Commandery #19 -Texas Chapter 362-Council 321-Trinity York Rite College-Fort Worth SR - Moslah Shrine;Tranquility Lodge #2000
jetboatdriver is offline   Reply With Quote