View Single Post
Old 12-02-2008, 19:01   #131
bennwj
Silver Membership
CSM

Send a message via MSN to bennwj Send a message via Yahoo to bennwj Send a message via Skype™ to bennwj
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado4Wheel View Post
Did Ayers campaign for Obama? Get real. McCain sold his soul to the Republican right and then tried to make it work with tactics like "Joe the Plumber" who actually campaigned for him. McCain f-d up. Simple as that. He was not the same McCain as we had a year ago. It was a uphill battle with the War and Bush being so unpopular but if you look at the campaigns from a little distance McCain had more mistakes then Obama. I know thats hard to hear but from the people who actually make up the deciding votes its true (assuming the base is going to vote as the base ussually votes) McCain was afraid to stray to far from the "right" for fear of loosing the "base". Obama was able to grab more of the middle ground with out loosing his base.
Dude. Put the kool-aid down and throw the Democrat talking points away. McCain is not a conservative (i.e. on the "Right"). He campaigned as a "maverick" and kept saying how he fought the Republican party during his entire career in the Senate. Conservatives have called him a R.I.N.O. (Republican In Name Only) for years.

He lost because he FAILED to run as a conservative. That was one of McCain's mistakes. He never had the base to begin with so he didn't lose it....he had to try to win it.

Obama did a good job of playing class warfare and making people think that he (and bigger government) is the answer. Government is not the solution to the problem, it IS the problem.

If Barry Obama does the things he said he was going to do on the campaign trail, you will see a conservative in the white house in 4 years.

--attributed to two people: Barack Obama and George Armstrong Custer.
bennwj is offline   Reply With Quote