View Single Post
Old 01-18-2009, 05:43   #9
IndyGunFreak
RIP My Friends

Send a message via ICQ to IndyGunFreak Send a message via AIM to IndyGunFreak Send a message via MSN to IndyGunFreak Send a message via Yahoo to IndyGunFreak Send a message via Skype™ to IndyGunFreak

You know the one I found the most interesting, was that password database. I'm gonna try to install it in Wine and see how it goes. However, I've done pretty much the same thing for a while, with Open Office. I made a OO Spreadsheet, with all my accounts, passwords, network log in info, etc. I then password protected the Spreadsheet file. I ever lose that password, and I'm mega hosed, although its a pretty personal one, that nobody else currently on earth would know.

Also, because I see this come up on occasion in other forums, is how to document your guns, in case of theft, loss, etc. I made another sheet on that file, took a pic of a gun, and beside it, recorded identifying info of the gun (make, model#, caliber, SN#). The pics aren't that great, because I took them w/ a piece of crap camera I had a couple years ago, I was thinking the other day I should go through and update the pics w/ my new camera. Anyways, I've saw posts come up on some sort of "firearms database" software in the past, and thought some might like the idea.... I've currently got it set up where I can get about 4 guns per page. That was the hardest part, getting the pics to set properly in the spreadsheet, so they would stay on one page, in the event it ever needed printed out. (I'm guessing a pic of a gun that spread across 2 pages would be reasonably useless.. )

Here's kinda what it looks like (SN's removed).. and yes, there's a lot more guns in the file, Its just I could only fit 4 into the screenshot..

Tech Talk

IGF
The fire is no longer my major concern since I am leaving immediately on an unexpected road trip to Indianapolis. Watch the national news over the next couple of days, I'll wave... well, only if I'm cuffed in the front.
RIP Jack
IndyGunFreak is offline   Reply With Quote