View Single Post
Old 01-23-2009, 12:31   #44
whenmonkeysfly
CLM Number 249
Charter Lifetime Member

N350

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamTupperware View Post
I was going to ask a couple of questions, but you've answered most of them. A stock G20...yup, I think you're just about perfect using N340. I've played with N105 a little, and have yet to try it in either of the bottleneck cases. If you have room in your case with N340 and would like a little softer feeling recoil, you might try a pound of N350 (quite possibly the world's most FORGIVING powder)and go nuts. The beauty of N350 is that it will only burn what it can in the barrel, the rest is in the form of a flame ball coming out the front of the gun.<P>
Make sure you're increasing your spring rate in the G20...recoil is about to get ugly.<P>
If you're going for speed, I've always had good luck with AA#7. Once you get the pressures up, it burns clean. <P>
Double check me sometime, but I think that if you fill both a 9x25 and a 357sig to the top, the sig will hold .3gr more than the 9X25. I think it's due to the internal web thickness.<P>
Lemme know how this all works out for you.
Brant P. Foster
A37364
I've got a few pounds of N350, CCI 300 (large pistol) primers, Starline 10mm brass and 180 grain Oregon Trail Laser Cast bullets. Any recommendations on powder charges? I'd like to work up to full 10mm loads. Thanks in advance!