View Single Post
Old 01-29-2009, 10:33   #7
mazdaboi

Send a message via ICQ to mazdaboi Send a message via AIM to mazdaboi
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogarth View Post
Forgive me for being late to this thread.

You should know that in MD, a loaded MAGAZINE is considered to be a loaded FIREARM! Seriously. So when transporting mags within the state or through the state, the mags must be unloaded.
really? ill have to look that up, if its true then ill unload my magazines, but if the firearm is in a locked case, there is nothing that says a magazine is a firearm. but this gives me something to look into.

**UPDATE**

From http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum28/2463-2.html

"I called the Maryland State Police HQ in Jessup about a month ago inquiring if a loaded magazine constituted a loaded gun and I wa told "NO." The handgun is not considered loaded (again, per my phone conversation with the MDSP) if a magazine is NOT inserted and there is obviously no round in the chamber. I've always "heard" that ammunition (in MD) must be in a separate, locked case away from the handgun, but I've never found a snip of code or statement from the MDSP to back that up. Traveling through MD, it's better to be safe than sorry of course."

------

That was posted on another forum, my brother is a MD State Trooper, when he gets off work today i will call and verify with him this information.
Charter Arms - .38SPL
mazdaboi is offline   Reply With Quote