View Single Post
Old 03-15-2009, 07:49   #14
unit1069

Quote:
Originally Posted by 807364 View Post
If I understand this all correctly, forcing the Catholic hospitals to make a decision (condone or else) is exactly what he is doing. If the hospital chooses to exercise their religious beliefs and not murder children then they will be breaking the law, and thus the federal government will have the right to shut them down. If on the other hand the Catholic hospitals bow to the will of Obama and murder children then they are being denied their right to religious freedom.
Leftists have for years tried to overturn the Freedom of Conscience law that permits private hospital workers to refuse to perform abortions. With Obama and a Democrat congressional majority they now believe they have the power to force their will on others.

Quote:
Taking another step into the abortion debate, the Obama administration today will move to rescind a controversial rule that allows healthcare workers to deny abortion counseling or other family planning services if doing so would violate their moral beliefs, according to administration officials. http://www.latimes.com/news/science/...tory?track=rss
I've recently read that the Catholic Church has stated it will close down hospitals before they will perform abortions. If that happens I expect the federal and blue state governments will seize the hospitals just as Stalin seized all private property and denied all citizens the right to self-determination.

Last edited by unit1069; 03-15-2009 at 07:53..
unit1069 is offline   Reply With Quote