View Single Post
Old 03-19-2009, 13:43   #18
PHXGlock

Hey Texas T, congats on moving to AZ. I always considered it Super Texas. You might want to check out an Area just west of the I10 called Ahwatukee Foothills. I lived there for awhile. It is next to Chandler to the West. Certainly more expensive than Queen Creek but better Quality of life. You have South Mountain North of you and the Pima River Indian Reservation to the South. It's nice and a little hilly with well maintained homes bike paths and plenty of recreation. I might move back down there again if I get the chance.
The Nearest Gun Club there is called Caswells in Mesa AZ. www.caswells.com to provide you the best prices on Glock pistols in town (I bought a new one last week there). They are an indoor shooting range which you will need here in the 115f 4 month summers.

If your hung up on having a Super Big house on flat ground Queen Creek wont diapoint however you should give Ahwatukke a look have a cup of coffee and check a few places out. I've been to Houston once (before Katrina) and liked it. Houses are super cheap there but kinda high property taxes. The east valley of Phoenix Ahwatukee, Chandler, Tempe Mesa, and Gilbert are all good parts of town. The west side Buckeye, Suprise, Peoria, Avondale, and Centeral Phoenix west of the I17 are all ****. High Crime and run Down.
PHXGlock.
PHXGlock is offline   Reply With Quote