View Single Post
Old 03-21-2009, 06:21   #20
Texas T
CLM Number 23
TX expatriate

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHXGlock View Post
Hey Texas T, congats on moving BACK to AZ.
Thanks. (fixed it for ya)

Quote:
You might want to check out an Area just west of the I10 called Ahwatukee Foothills.
I'll take a look. I think we've decided to rent an apt for six months in order to really give us time to see where we want to wind up. I'm not convinced that the housing market has bottomed out yet in the Phx area. I think it might have another 5-10% drop ahead. If I miss the bottom and catch it on the way back up it won't be the end of the world.

Quote:
If your hung up on having a Super Big house on flat ground Queen Creek wont diapoint
We're looking at nothing more than 2500 sq ft. I'll consider going larger if it's a really good deal but I'll have to balance that against the increase in energy costs.

Quote:
I've been to Houston once (before Katrina) and liked it.
I hate it. I live north of Houston and really like my area but my area of responsibility is all down in Houston do I have to deal with that and those that reside there every day.

Quote:
Houses are super cheap there but kinda high property taxes.
No state income tax.

Quote:
The east valley of Phoenix Ahwatukee, Chandler, Tempe Mesa, and Gilbert are all good parts of town. The west side Buckeye, Suprise, Peoria, Avondale, and Centeral Phoenix west of the I17 are all ****. High Crime and run Down.
Yeah, I looked at the CAP index for my Phx locations compared to my Houston locations and most of them were lower with Gilbert being much lower. I had a couple in the Phx area that were as high as one of my worst stores in Houston so overall it won't be too bad. I'm pretty sure that I won't be dealing with too many Katrina "refugees" when I get to Phx.

NRA Life Benefactor Member, AMA Champion Member, AOPA Member, ARRL Member, GOA Life Member
Texas T is offline   Reply With Quote