View Single Post
Old 04-15-2009, 23:35   #22
old wanderer

Well nothing is so certain as change,,,,,and the best laid plans...

Turns out right here out in the sticks unbeknown to me, is a gunsmith, but not just a gunsmith, but a guy that was raised by a gunsmith father, spent time as a ranger, then went to the navy, naturally he gravitated to seals...and had owned two 121m.

Went last night, had a long talk about my plans...

1. Forcing cones are pretty steep, BUT the barrel is chrome lined, so forget machining them....

2. He had tried the C & H mercury tube in his, and changed from a gun that was 100% reliable to one that was 90% reliable...

3. My pretty tritium sights, (I already have the ghost rings on), well he talked me out of it considering the other stuff I have added...

4. I will add the large safety and that funny looking bolt release (GG&G Benelli Tactical Bolt Release Pad ) .

5. We will be adding 1/2" more length to the pull, so my thumb will keep from hitting my nose every time I fire.

So guys quit sniveling until I get a 1000 rounds through it, it will not get changed much from what you see in my original pictures. If it still shoots like I remember it, then maybe it will just stay like it is.
old wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote