View Single Post
Old 05-21-2009, 17:47   #98
G26man
OBEY ME!

Welcome to GT DarkDoor, and good luck with your studies. You obviously know something about wound ballistics, however there is a huge brain trust here on the subject. You might want to visit the Caliber Corner sub forum here, you can't help but learn even more. One thing I will say is that I think you were overgeneralizing a bit. 10mm rounds come in several different weights and velocities. A 135gr or even 155gr full power JHP 10mm will most likely not overpenetrate, but rather fragment, delivering all its energy to the target. That doesn't mean it will do a better job of stopping someone because it might not penetrate far enough. There is SO MUCH to consider regarding this subject. I wish you all the best in your studies and I might be even a little bit jealous.
The combustion of fuel being necessary for heating and cooking in the home, the right of the people to keep fire extinguishers shall not be infringed. - Alternate structural interpretation of the 2A (to protect the people from the state militia).
G26man is offline   Reply With Quote