View Single Post
Old 05-28-2009, 18:54   #4
redflare

There were some questions about water making capacity of this unit and the necessity of filters.

Regarding the water production capacity, I apologize for the confusion. Water production is variable as it depends on temperature and humidity factors. I think it is sufficient to say that the DewPointe™ AD6 makes an average of about 2 gallons a day. Currently the units in our offices here on the temperate California Central Coast produce about 2 gallons a day. At the least, it may only produce a 1/2 gallon a day in drier, cooler climates. Conversely, it could make up to 6 gallons a day in hot, humid climates such as the Philippines or Hawaii where we presently have units running.

Regarding the filters: In essence, an electrostatic filter would probably suffice to eliminate dust, allergens, and micro-fine particles that may be in the air. However, we wanted to go above and beyond what is necessary to ensure the absolute purest drinking water, especially if consumers opt to connect the DewPointe™ to an auxiliary water source. Additionally, water can leech chemicals from any surfaces it comes into contact with, which is why we use a FDA-approved food-grade coating on the condensing coils and either stainless steel or medically-approved inert plastic holding tanks. The UV filters and proprietary recirculation system ensure that there is no possibility of bacterial growth. Dehumidifiers are not equipped with any of these features or functions. I would not recommend to anyone to drink the water collected from a dehumidifier, considering the possible pollutants, bacteria, or chemicals that may be present in the tank's stagnant water.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Your One-Stop Survival Gear Shop!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

redflare is offline   Reply With Quote