View Single Post
Old 07-29-2009, 17:03   #4
Colorado4Wheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by cysoto View Post
Hi Steve,

Oh yes I plan on being there! The Pueblo matches are always fun and challenging so we try not to miss that one (even though they are the farthest ones from home).

Thank you for sharing your load info. I have seen reloaders using anything from 3.6gr to 4.3gr of Solo 1000 with 124/125gr bullets. I know that I need to chrono any new loads I make but I have been looking to narrow my start load to within a few decimals of a grain.

Since you are using FMJ bullets and I am using LRN, I think that I will reduce the load by 12% or 15% and start experimenting at 3.5gr (and load up from there). I am hoping to end up with a load that gets me somewhere in the neighborhood of 130PF to 132PF.

Once again, Thank You!
Cy

You may want to contact Lizard (range master/club prez) and see if he will bring/be bringing his chrono box. He did at the last match. Then you could chrono a load. I have been bugging him to do random chrono's on people and I think he's warming up to the idea a little. Probably never happen but it's nice to know your loads make PF and your not cheating by mistake.