View Single Post
Old 12-27-2009, 12:13   #18
Scouse

The safe revolver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deaf Smith View Post
No Magnum, it's a REAL EXAMPLE of why your weapons should be ready for immediate action without undue manipulation. And chamber empty on a drop safe handgun is an unneeded manipulation.

Some who carry modern drop-safe revolvers do so with the chamber under the hammer empty, and thus giving up 1/6th or more of their ammo supply for no real reason!

Sadly there are people who will think the safety of a weapon is tied to the state the weapon is kept in instead of the mental state of the user. And that is the real problem.

Deaf

Well, I taught mostly Revolver carriers (Job related, both Public and Private) and an older (before peace work, more you send out, the more you make days) model of Mod 10 or Models 64 and 65.

I did this for over 21 years.

Only ever fired double action, most converted to double action only (all my training guns were) most of my client Company's as well, because of the many dry fire and live fire these revolvers had been through, the triggers were all smooth as glass, and all around 10lbs.

Young people (over 18 YOA) from draw, duty holster, double taps, from 5m' (just over 5 yards) around 3" hits center upper chest, time and time again, took around 2 hours, both dry fire, live fire, around 100 rounds.

But having said that, no miss fires, my reloads on a Star Machine. Sometimes, vary rarely, but did happen, new gun, or 10 year old one... Firing pin broke, or fell out.

ALL DONE, no BANGS TILL FIXED.

They all have Glock Pistols now, 9mm and .40 S&W.

Last edited by Scouse; 12-27-2009 at 12:18..
Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote