Thread: 1911 or....
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2009, 08:03   #9
Brucev

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavmech13 View Post
Still looking for my first 1911 but I am also looking at a Sig P226 Navy. My question to you folks is if I was to go with a 1911 which one would you get for $700 ish? Why would you get it over the Sig?

I'm looking for opinions, oh and this will be my first gun purchase in 2010 Thanks in advance everyone.
I have both purchased and owned or borrowed for extended use several Sig pistols from my brother. I have found those in 9mm and .45 ACP to be wonderful. The single example I borrowed in .40 S&W was not to my liking. I have always had a 1911 of some sort and currently own a Springfield Mil-Spec. 1911-A1 in .45 ACP. In the price range you stipulate I would look for and purchase either a older model Sig P-226 or I would find and buy a used Springfield Mil-Spec. Purchased used in good condition the SA 1911 leave you with enough money to buy plenty of ammo, etc. The Sig P-226 might cost closer to the top of your budget, depending on where and from whom you buy it. The 9mm is cheaper to shoot, so that would be a factor to consider in your buying decision. Recently I purchased a as new SA Mil-Spec. 1911-A1 in .45 ACP for a little more than half of your budget. It is in every way outstanding. In function, accuracy and quality of manufacturer it is without exception perfect. HTH. Sincerely. Brucev.
Brucev is offline   Reply With Quote