View Single Post
Old 01-02-2010, 05:57   #15
chuckman

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysshootin View Post
Kind of what I was getting at. From your response, you will have 1K into it, and not have a fitted match grade barrel and bushing. With those upgrades, you'd be looking around $1300. $1300 will buy quite a few really nice 1911's. How about it BAC, show him what 1300 will get him in a Kimber, or Springfield. If you have pics?

Now if you are doing the installation, yourself, the learning experience is well worth the investment! If you are paying someone else, just pay for the upgrades right away.
Sure, this makes financial sense. But maybe the OP wants his gun his way, maybe he has a limited budget and can only do so many things at a time. My upgraded and customized Mil-Spec is unique, and I have been offered more money (to sell) than the sum of its parts are worth. As for a 'match-grade' barrel and bushing, that's one of those things that if you like it, hey, that's good, but for carry and 'combat' reliability and accuracy doesn't amount to a hill of beans.