View Single Post
Old 01-02-2010, 20:02   #7
Alaskapopo
NRA ENDOWMENT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedo1 View Post
They all run about the same honestly. I have dozens of PMAGS and Lancers and they are great. Have about 30 aluminum mags and haven't had a problem with them either. All told I have about 75 AR mags and couldn't tell you who made a bunch of them and don't worry about it either. I buy the ones that are a good deal and stock up on them.

Can't go wrong with the Lancers or PMAGS in my opinion.
There are some bad mags out there. We got some alluminum mags for the department that were not teflon coated. They would not feed even with ball in our department guns. After that I was able to talk the Chief into P mags despite the higher cost. There are junk mags out there. But your right about Lancer and Pmags being good. So are a lot of GI mags. But stick with the good ones with teflon cloating. Hence why I recommended the Brownells mags. I got 2 mags from C Products for T&E they were the stainless ones. One lasted for a while and did fine. The other one died early from a cracked feed lip. USGI mags work but they are the least durable of the mags mentioned and have the shortest service life.
Link to brownells mags.
http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=2...OUND_MAGAZINES
NRA Endowment Member
USPSA B class
Alaskapopo is offline   Reply With Quote