View Single Post
Old 01-03-2010, 07:37   #15
Jon_R
Silver Membership

You can adjust cant with the holster but not drop. I did not hear my wife correct (common problem) I thought she said the drop was off by 2 inches but since I measured it the drop is 2 inches and that is close enough. I could also use the adjustments for belt width to raise it some but since that holster is for a pistol that does not fit her well I will probably have to get something else anyways.

I was hoping I would hear from experienced female IDPA shooters that like the holster at the waist on what they use but I do appreciate your help. My daughter prefers the holster at the hip so that is much easier problem to solve.

I think the 1911 in 9 would be good for her for the matches but I think she still wants to carry a polymer double stack for CC so I will see if I can find one that will do both so she gets more trigger time with her carry pistol.

A gen 4 17 or 19 might be slim enough. I held a G22 Gen 4 last week and it does feel a little smaller without any grips added.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Watson View Post
I have not worked with a Blade Tech. Is the drop not adjustable? Could she not put the belt width spacer shim they use on top of the belt in the loop to raise the holster a bit? Do you think the local club MD will notice or care?

I use Ready Tactical. You might contact Chris Patty at CPWSA and see how long it would take to have Chris Stewart make up a maximum drop IDPA Lady's rig.
http://www.cpwsa.com/ready_tactical.htm

The TRP has metal checkering doesn't it? I have a couple of guns with the checkering flattened for a less agressive grip.

But if she gets on with the shape and size, the simple thing to do would be to get her an uncheckered gun and apply tape if needed. There is a 3M rubberized traction tape that is not rough on the hands and is a lot cheaper than the stuff sold by gun dealers.
Jon_R is offline   Reply With Quote