View Single Post
Old 01-04-2010, 08:56   #1
DannyR

What is GSSF and what are it's benefits?

GSSF was created by the Glock Marketing Department in 1991. It is an organization of Glock that stages outdoor competitions for Glock owners, based on stock Glocks. There is a category for modified Glocks. The matches are family oriented and simple. No drawing, no speed reloads, no movement, very little memory work, no fancy equipment. It is easy enough that anyone can shoot it, yet challenging enough for the greatest Master Glock shooters in the USA. Average attendance at a two-day event is about 300 entries.

GSSF hosts 36+ Major outdoor matches each year, matches where Glocks, cash and merchandise prizes are awarded. GSSF also sanctions a series of indoor matches.

As a member of GSSF:
1. You may enter any GSSF match
2. You may purchase one Glock per year at LE price
3. You may attend The Glock Armorer's Class
4. You receive the services of a factory armorer at every outdoor match. Free labor, and free parts if needed.

Members receive a membership card, GSSF cap, two issues of The Glock Report, a copy of The Glock Annual and the opportunity to participate in special offers from time to time.

Outdoor matches are based on stock Glocks, although there is a category for modified Glocks. Categories are defined by pistol type/size and not by shooter ability, Master Stock and Masters/Unlimited being the exceptions. Categories are Amateur Civilian, Amateur Guardian, Subcompact, Major Subcompact, Competition, Master Stock and Unlimited. Contestants may also enter a team entry of 3 shooters in Amateur Civilian, Amateur Guardian and master Stock. It's a fun shoot, suitable for all family members. There are special $75.00 cash awards for: High Female, High Junior Female, High Guardian Female, High Senior, High Junior Male and High Challenged Shooter.

It's quite a bargain for the price of a membership. I live in VA and the closest match to me is 175 miles one way, I plan to shoot 9 matches in 2010, the farthest being 425 miles one way.

The schedule for the new season us usually posted in March. The 2010-2011 Season runs from the last week in March 2010 through February 2011. You can check under results to see where matches were held in the prior year.

Related web links are www.gssfonline.com and www.glocktraining.com
Bull Dawg #1

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
DannyR is offline   Reply With Quote