View Single Post
Old 01-04-2010, 18:02   #9
Kentucky Shooter
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cali92rs View Post
Gentlemen,

I have a LCT which i have been using for a couple of years to reload for my pistols (45 acp, 454 Casull, 10mm).
I want to get into reloading for my .308 in which I am interested at long range paper punching and accuracy.
Question - which presses do you guys use? I am looking at the Forster Co-axial, but its a bit more pricey than the Hornady LnL, Lee, Lyman and RCBS single stage presses.
I use the rockchucker from RCBS. Not totally sure of your purpose for asking, and I may be misreading your intent, but I will offer this advice that you may already be aware of (if you are, then please disregard.) I think its safe to say that the press you use is one of the least important variables in the search for accuracy. I would look at dies, bullets, brass, combinations of bullets and powders, seating depth, scope or other sight, base and ring setups, brass preparation, as all being more important than the selection of a press. And I may have left out a few things-----but I think if you look at all this then fine accuracy can be achieved with a cheap Lee single stage press. Good luck in whatever you decide.