Thread: Taurus ALR
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2010, 11:04   #21
sns3guppy

Quote:
Maybe I should send it back to the factory and get it replaced with one of the ones you guys are talking about!
You probably should, yes.

Quote:
Nobody ever heard of a Kimber that wasn't perfect? I'll bet Kimber's Customer Service Dept is manned by the same lonely guy who worked for Maytag years ago. And Springfield Arms probably doesn't even have/need a Customer Service Dept.
Of course they have customer service departments. Good ones. But they don't see nearly the frequency of returns that Taurus does.

Quote:
Why can't everyone just be happy for a person who got a new gun without putting them down?
Reading comprehension 101...the original poster didn't state that he got a new Taurus. He simply asked for honest opinions from forum members. You see the difference, don't you?

Quote:
Why do most people like to put down a gun that they've only seen or read about but haven't fired themselves?
I can't speak for anyone else, but I had to put it down, without ever shooting it, because A) I felt dirty holding it; B) the only way to shoot it was to buy it and that was NOT going to happen; C) I don't believe in wasting money; D) I could have bought a better firearm for less money; D) it felt cheap before ever having to chamber a round; and E) I couldn't have cared less about it's function after having handled it. Hence my previous responses, addressing specifics about the weapon.

So long as you're on that "most people" part, why do you suppose it is that very few people find happiness with their Taurus 1911?

Why is it that the best selling firearms are cheap weapons, and some of the most avid defenders of their firearm are the ones who buy the cheap weapons? I had a guy pontificate at length one night, in a walmart of all places, on the virtues of his hi-point on his hip. To hear him tell it, the Lord himself came down and blessed the earth with the design. Glad you're happy with your Taurus 1911. You're in somewhat of an elite group, however...there aren't too many of you around.

Quote:
Many people are quick to write about a bad experience buy many more, with great experiences, rarely pick up a pen.
Setting aside sentence structure, it's just as well. They'd get ink all over their keyboard.

Quote:
If you haven't owned and fired a gun, you have very little right to bash it.
Really? By that logic, we need to try cocaine to tell kids to stay off drugs, and one must drop out of school in order to have the right to tell kids to stay in school. One must crash a car in order to have the right to tell others to not crash their car (and wear seatbelts), and let's not forget that if you ever plan to tell someone to eat all their vegetables, you'd better stop, right away. After all, if you haven't done it and don't own it, then you've no right to tell others. Correct?

Now, in all fairness, you didn't specifically state that if one has never owned or fired a Taurus 1911, then one has very little right to bash it. You simply said that anyone who hasn't owned "a gun." Most likely everyone here is a "gun" owner, so does that give everyone the right to express their opinion? Does the fact that the original poster asked an open-ended question inviting opinions, count?

I've flown a lot of aircraft I don't own. I've evaluated them, operated them, worked them. As I don't own them, are my evaluations invalid?

I've seen aircraft I wouldn't fly; I've discovered items during a preflight inspection which lead me to reject the aircraft for maintenance reasons, or paperwork reasons. As I didn't own it, and didn't operate it, does this mean I don't have a leg to stand on?

Perhaps because I have considerable experience as a pilot and mechanic, I might be able to evaluate that aircraft without ever getting it it. You think? Likewise, a number of shooters here have enough experience that they can evaluate for themselves whether a firearm is worth buying, or shooting. Now, they may learn more for themselves once they fire the weapon...a weapon may look great, but may not be worth anything when shot. Or a weapon may look poor, but shoot fine. Many of us, however, don't want to waste our money on a weapon that's poorly fit, and that operates in an uneven, gritty manner, and which feels cheap from the get-go.

Perhaps it's actually up to us, whether we want to go as far as buying or owning the weapon. Do you think?
sns3guppy is offline   Reply With Quote