[]; (function() { var gads = document.createElement('script'); gads.async = true; gads.type = 'text/javascript'; var useSSL = 'https:' == document.location.protocol; gads.src = (useSSL ? 'https:' : 'http:') + '//www.googletagservices.com/tag/js/gpt.js'; var node = document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0]; node.parentNode.insertBefore(gads, node); })(); Glock Talk - View Single Post - Into Uncharted Waters: SBR
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2010, 14:44   #13
Senior Member
Jon_R's Avatar
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 5,004
Originally Posted by HomeLandPatriot View Post
I bought a rifle with eventually SBR'ing it down the road in mind......

can one just buy and install the shorter barrel, then apply for the tax stamp and when it comes through designate the now shorter barreled rifle as an sbr?

or must one buy an sbr upper?
I would not posses an AR barrel that is short without having some valid explanation on how I would legally use it or have the tax stamp. In my case I have a couple virgin AR stripped lowers. I could honestly claim my barrel or upper is for a pistol build while I wait on my tax stamp. It is pretty low risk if you never take it out of your house. ATF would have to show up with a warrant to search you guns before it could be an issue but having a Short Upper next to a lower without a tax stamp and no place else you could legally use it might be "constructive intent".
Jon_R is offline   Reply With Quote