[]; (function() { var gads = document.createElement('script'); gads.async = true; gads.type = 'text/javascript'; var useSSL = 'https:' == document.location.protocol; gads.src = (useSSL ? 'https:' : 'http:') + '//www.googletagservices.com/tag/js/gpt.js'; var node = document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0]; node.parentNode.insertBefore(gads, node); })(); Glock Talk - View Single Post - Into Uncharted Waters: SBR
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2010, 15:57   #16
Stop Obammunism
Hef's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Hilton Head, SC
Posts: 5,308
Originally Posted by HomeLandPatriot View Post
I bought a rifle with eventually SBR'ing it down the road in mind......

can one just buy and install the shorter barrel, then apply for the tax stamp and when it comes through designate the now shorter barreled rifle as an sbr?

or must one buy an sbr upper?
No. That would be an unregistered SBR. Even owning a lower receiver (stripped or complete) and a short barrel upper (whether sold as a pistol upper or not) would be considered an unregistered SBR.

Apply, wait for tax stamp, then build.

I'm waiting on my tax stamp for a 10.5" AR SBR. My examiner told me that they're really busy so it will be a few months.
μολὼν λαβέ
Hef is offline   Reply With Quote