[]; (function() { var gads = document.createElement('script'); gads.async = true; gads.type = 'text/javascript'; var useSSL = 'https:' == document.location.protocol; gads.src = (useSSL ? 'https:' : 'http:') + '//www.googletagservices.com/tag/js/gpt.js'; var node = document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0]; node.parentNode.insertBefore(gads, node); })(); Glock Talk - View Single Post - Into Uncharted Waters: SBR
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2010, 09:32   #20
Senior Member
Jon_R's Avatar
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 5,011
Originally Posted by Hef View Post
No. That would be an unregistered SBR. Even owning a lower receiver (stripped or complete) and a short barrel upper (whether sold as a pistol upper or not) would be considered an unregistered SBR.

Apply, wait for tax stamp, then build.

I'm waiting on my tax stamp for a 10.5" AR SBR. My examiner told me that they're really busy so it will be a few months.
If you have a virgin stripped lower you can build a pistol out of it if you wanted. To do so (if a pistol AR is legal in your area) would not require a SBR Tax Stamp.
Jon_R is offline   Reply With Quote