View Single Post
Old 01-22-2010, 21:37   #1
txpitdog

Much thanks! and here she is...

Thank you to everyone who chimed in with helpful hints, facts, and opinions with my first real deal AR. Without this forum, I would have ended up with a nice rifle, but only because I paid for it, not because I understood what I had or why I selected it.

I ordered both the upper and lower from Bravo Company, and I was pretty amazed at how quickly the upper arrived. I had to wait an excrutiating 15 days between when I mailed my payment and receiving the lower (today!). 15 days isn't too bad that nothing for the lower order was electronic.

Anyway, here's what I got:
BCM mid-length upper with Daniel Defense Omega 9 rail
BCM lower
2 30rd Pmags
Troy folding rear sight
Primary Arms M3 clone and mount
2 free hats, a mouse pad, and stickers for my boys!

Everything about it is rock solid and tight. Perhaps the only little peeve I have is that the Omega 9 rail isn't flush with the receiver. There's maybe a 1/24" gap, but I'll jack with that another day.

I first gave it a good cleaning, and while I was at it, I cleaned my DPMS LR-308 AP4. Sorta had to commandeer the kitchen table.

Black Rifle Forum

Lubed them both with Break Free CLP and got 'em back together. I'm so used to my DPMS that the AR15 seems like a very nimble, quick handling weapon. The DPMS certainly isn't heavy and bulky, its just a bigger version of the same thing.

Black Rifle Forum

Here's a closer shot with the Troy sight raised.

Black Rifle Forum

Sorry for the poor quality on these, but I wanted to show how the M3 dot sits right on top of the front sight pin when using iron sights and nicely in a clear field of vision when the rear sight is down.

Black Rifle Forum

Black Rifle Forum

And tomorrow, I'lll run a few rounds through it and report back.
txpitdog is offline   Reply With Quote