View Single Post
Old 01-24-2010, 06:57   #12
WiskyT
Malcontent

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98LS-WON View Post

Funniest post I've seen in a while.
Wow, no kidding. I thought it was just going to be another thread somewhere about how Dean Spier and Marco say my gun is going to blow up. I clicked on it after you brought attention to it and it is pretty funny. I never knew about the google thing either.

FWIW, my Glock 27 was made in '96 and I have run full power loads through it for years with 180lfp and Bullseye at 925fps. What I have found is that a 10% less than max load of Unique gets me the same velocity. A 10% reduction in powder yields a 20% reduction in pressure, which can only be a good thing. So by using unique I get duplication of factory 180 ball with a significant reduction in pressure. I'm sure other powders in the same burn rate range as Unique would yield similar results and that would be my recomendation.

Get Lyman data for lead bullets. Find a good lead bullet that matches up with their data. Pick a powder that apporximates Unique and is easy for you to get. Use the start load and don't worry about it anymore than you would any other caliber. That means be careful, don't fail to index your 550, and you'll be just fine.

"If you kill enough of them, they stop fighting."-General Curtis E. LeMay
WiskyT is offline   Reply With Quote