View Single Post
Old 01-26-2010, 15:29   #21
GioaJack
Conifer Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiskyT View Post
Jack, things aint too bad if you can swing an iron 4 cavity for a while. I've heard they are heavy.

Wisky... it's said that necessity is the mother of invention, and I take that to heart. Since my back won't support me when trying to sit up I've adapted to that little inconvenience by resting my forearms on the edge of the bench while casting. I sit in a high breakfast bar type chair so it's a pretty natural position for me.

During the entire casting process I have at least one forearm leaning against the bench, usually my left arm since I hold the mould in my left hand.

The thing that slows me down the most is not being able to sit at long stretches so my normal routine is to take a break every time the pot gets down to around 1/4 full... I take a break while waiting for the new lead to melt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado4Wheel View Post
Wow, great pictures. Thanks. How deep is that bench? It looks like it's about 36" or so.

Steve... I have 4 benches and they're all the same size, approx. 40 inches high and 33 inches deep. No rhyme or reason... just seems to work for me.

Jack

A PACIFIST is someone who won't raise their hands to defend themselves...
A COWARD is someone who won't raise their hands to defend someone else.
GioaJack is offline   Reply With Quote