Thread: DoubleTap .45's
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2010, 09:37   #7
dougader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ak.Hiker View Post
I wonder if they have changed the load. These numbers are closer to the Federal American Eagle and Hydra Shok standard loadings. The 230 DT ball I have in my ammo box has always seemed a little hotter than most ball loadings except the Buffalo Bore 230 Flat Point.
I don't know. My past orders of 10mm ammo was acceptably close to DT's advertised velocities. Those orders were from around 2004. My 45 auto order was from 2007 and I just sent them over the chrony this past summer in 2009.

I was surprised about it myself. The DT fmjfp in 45 auto has been my carry load when I go fishing. Now I'm looking to work up my own handloads for that purpose. I still like the GDHP load and IMO it does outperform the Speer loads I have used in the past.... at least as far as velocity and terminal performance on aggressive water jugs...

"In St. Louis, armed Homeland Security agents monitored Tea Party members protesting the IRS. Good idea. When people think their government is out to get them, the best response is to send the government out to get them." -Fred Thompson
dougader is offline   Reply With Quote