View Single Post
Old 02-13-2010, 13:40   #389
N/Apower

Quote:
Originally Posted by glock20c10mm View Post
Why do you presume everyone with half a brain knows???

Would you think it wise for all FBI agents to carry 10mm Auto???

You do realize they have long guns too, right???

You do realize many agents limit themselves to the bare minimum required tactical practice and many of them wouldn't consider themselves shooters, right???
See this at the range often among LE.

You do realize the vast majority of FBI agents don't get the same training as Navy Seals, right???

You do realize a number of agencies in some departments have dumped 180gr 40S&W loads in favor of much faster and lighter 155gr 40S&W loads, right???
Overpenetration caused problems. I read an article on this just the other day. Seems one department dumped the 180's after killing someone on a shoot-through.

You do realize the ammo companies know they still have to come up with the lowest bid for ammo while simply meeting the FBI's basic list of requirements, right???
Yep, but when you consider that the heads of these divisions personally carry something like a 9mm instead of 357SIG, it makes you wonder. They know more about their ammo than you do.

You do realize not all federal agencies carry the same ammo, right? Does the Secret Service carrying 357SIGs know something the FBI doesn't, or do you presume the Secret Service to be stupid because the FBI already knows what's best???
The secret service carries the 53918 (reduced penetration) load while the FAMs carry the 54234 (TX DPS) load.

Can you explain why Winchester says there is a cult following to their 9mm 127gr +P+ load among LE???
No, especially when the BPW/psi numbers just posted for it in an above post are only roughly 2/3 that of the 115gr offering. Should indicate that the 115gr load is VASTLY superior and should be the one with the cult following, right?

You do realize many LE depts have ammo choosen for them by some bean counter who has an office window with a view that could care less what ammo they shoot, right???
I keep hearing this, and yet I look around me and see my local PD using Gold Dots, the Sherriffs using Ranger T, and TX DPS 20 miles away from me issuing 357SIG/P-series guns. Where's that penny-penching mentality? I woulda thunk they would all have promotional Glocks using 9mm WWB.

You do realize there are LE depts carrying Federal EFMJ, right??? (That's a VERY POOR carry choice if you didn't know!)
Sadly.

I could go on, but I'm quite sure you're lost already.

Good Shooting,
Craig
In red.
N/Apower is offline   Reply With Quote