View Single Post
Old 02-13-2010, 20:33   #398
N/Apower

Quote:
Originally Posted by glock20c10mm View Post
Not with all of them. Where most Border Patrol Agents work out here is in the middle of nowhere. Either way, over penetration is a myth and the majority of LE that carry 40S&W still carry 180gr.

Border Patrol has consistantly gone with the light/fast and had good results with it. They are the one agency I would cite as an example of consistant positive results with the light/fast stuff. However, I do belive they have switched to something heavier now.

I don't believe we can assume to know what the heads of 99.999% of all divisions carry. Beside that, there are some that carry 45. At the end of the day I don't believe most heads of the division have any clue why they should carry any ammo over other ammo.

Correct, but I can tell you that Hal Price of ATK carries 9mm because he views the 357SIG as a negligible improvement. I can tell you that Evan Marshall also carries calibers other than 357SIG. What does Courtney carry? That I would like to know.

I don't know ammo by those numbers. Who manufactures it?

Those are product numbers corresponding to the two loads offered by Speer/ATK in 357SIG using Gold Dot projectiles.

Not if the 115s can't be relied upon for proper penetration depth.

9BPLE has been shown to penetrate to, or VERY near to 12" in gel. I would wager it's psi is as high/higher than 127+P+.

Who knows what specific guidelines they were given in choosing ammo. Maybe it had to be the cheapest premium ammo. Maybe they really are getting what they should for their risk assessments. I'm not aware that Ranger T is all the expensive anyway, if at all. It's the Ranger Bonded loads that cost the big bucks by comparison. Either way they aren't representative for the 1000s of LE depts across the nation.

Notice your coments are beyond the point I was making to KenB22 though. Otherwise, thoughtful comentary none-the-less.

True enough, and I was not responding on behalf of KenB22, but with thoughts of my own.

Last edited by N/Apower; 02-13-2010 at 20:45..
N/Apower is offline   Reply With Quote