View Single Post
Old 02-19-2010, 07:39   #14
MakeMineA10mm
Lifetime Membership
300AAC brass

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIUC4 View Post
There are a few too many errors in this blog, and this is a blog, not legal legislation, and there is actually legislation on this matter, coming from the afore mentioned supreme court ruling...I have many LEO buddies in states such as GA and TX and they all laught at the fact that the LEOs here in IL are worried about more danger...
Well, the blog I posted above gave a nice synopsis, which is why I posted it. There are no factual errors in the blog itself, but if you don't trust it, go to a legal library and look up the case as cited at that blog by Supreme Court case number and name...

It sounds like (although not totally clear) that you may be asking about new legislation that is not yet law, but is being proposed in the legislature?? If that is the case, you can go to the Illinois legislature's website and look it up. Most of the proposed legislation is listed there.

Finally, LEOs here in Illinois are worried about this, because this has been an ultra-liberal state for FAR TOO LONG! The restrictions of our rights have been in place so long that even LEOs (typically conservative-minded) have fallen prey to the liberal beliefs and have been taught that you can't trust the population. Then, pundits, media, and police administrators (IACP - who are very political and very liberal-minded, it seems) all say that it would be dangerous to have guns in LOCKED center consoles and you get more of this feeling. So, yeah, misinformed/brainwashed LEOs are worried about this.

THIS LEO is NOT! Concealed Carry lowers crime. Concealed Carry holders are extremely rarely involved in misbehavior. These are not people we need to worry about. Of course, this center console ruling applies to EVERYONE, not just good folks, so there is a tiny bit of unfortunateness that we can't charge a real bad guy with carrying in the console...

The bottom line that LEOs who are against this are not thinking about is: the bad guys are carrying in their UNlocked consoles, in their pants, in their coats, in their car doors, in their car seats, etc., etc., etc. - so legislation or supreme court rulings mean nothing to them and the danger an LEO should worry about is already there, and allowing good people to carry adds nothing to an LEOs worries.

Logic over emotions...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Looking for: FBI 100yr, Bell Helo, FOP Lodge1, Kiowa Warrior, SCI, and any new/unknown-to-me commemoratives.
MakeMineA10mm is online now   Reply With Quote