View Single Post
Old 03-13-2010, 08:14   #17
Misty02

Not having children in the house allows for greater flexibility. We have a 10 year old boy at home. He has been receiving training since before we brought a firearm in the house. Especially on what to do if he ever sees a firearm, weíve tested his response when he didnít know he was being tested, heís done beautifully. Still, I donít feel comfortable leaving the loaded firearm on the nightstand knowing he can walk in our room at any point. Our mattress is on a platform, thus no under-bed to hide anything. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
The one compromise I was able to reach in having the firearm easily assessable while still out of sight was to keep it in the holster fanny-pack; it is placed under the pillow on the top end against the headboard. It is holstered and the zipper is closed. Not the fastest access but I donít have to get out of bed to get it either. I would have to undo the zipper and unholster if I needed to use it, I believe those two things would prevent unconsciously pulling the trigger or having it caught on something during the night. No one other than my husband (well, now you guys) knows where the firearm is kept during the night and itís not visible or immediately accessible should my grandson enter our room during the night.<o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
.<o:p></o:p>

"In making tactical dispositions, the highest pitch you can attain is to conceal them." - Sun Tzu

Outpost Member #69
Misty02 is offline   Reply With Quote