View Single Post
Old 03-17-2010, 01:12   #60
DJ Niner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch View Post
Looking good DJ!

How's it shoot? Does it function well?

Is the mag as easy to load as it appears to be?
Quote:
Originally Posted by emt1581 View Post
I'm just wondering if the mags feed reliably? All of the mags I've ever used that were significantly more than 10rds had feed issues...even the steel/hot lips BC mags for the 10/22.

Thanks!

-Emt1581
I only have one mag so far (I'll get that fixed, soon), but no issues with loading or feeding to date. You can't just dump the ammo in with the follower pressed all the way down, though; you need to feed them in one at a time, with the follower only pushed down far enough to accept the next round. Everything I have stuffed in the mag has fed out if it so far (even 80 rounds of CCI Stingers), and I've only had a few failures to eject (with Federal bulk-pack or AutoMatch) when the weapon was dirty (over 100 rounds fired without cleaning or additional lube). No other stoppages at all.

Accuracy testing has been delayed by a terrible trigger pull weight/feel, and I do mean BAD. Like dragging a bag of trash up a flight of stairs with your trigger finger. Three distinct stages of creep, two of which you could HEAR grating in a quiet room when dry-squeezing. I've been assured by all other owners that mine is NOT representative of the breed in this aspect, and it's an easy fix once I can afford a drop-in trigger upgrade. In the meantime, I've done a little stoning on the engagement surfaces, and it's much better than it was (but still rather poor, even compared to other over-the-counter ARs). I'd say a plinker-grade trigger is normal, some guns might be a bit better, and mine was definitely worse.

Short, light, and handy, and the ammo is only $6.50/100 (CCI Mini-Mags). I like it -- a lot.
DJ Niner is offline   Reply With Quote