Thread: IDPA Match
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2010, 11:07   #9
Brad_G

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRR View Post
Yeah, that was me. I followed the link from your post. I'm a member at Brock's Gap for about 10 years now. I've been involved in the IDPA club there since we started it. We ran the Alabama IDPA State match for 7 years at Brock's Gap. Montgomery's got it now.

Your post indicates you're not in Alabama right now. Where are you posting from?
I'm stationed in Fort Sill, Oklahoma right now. I'm leaving active service and going to the reserves in August (retiring in 4 1/2 years from Reserves). I'm going to live in Hueytown while I'm working on my MBA.

We really want to build a house off Exit 1/459, so we will be looking around for a year or so.

We sure could use some of that IDPA knowledge over at ASA. I don't shoot IDPA, and neither do any of the other guys (that I know of), but we are all interested; especially my father and brother. If you don't mind, could you jot down some words of wisdom on the board? Thanks.

I'm kind of torn between Brock's Gap and FOP. I know there's a huge difference, which is why I'm torn. It's mostly due to the amount of open range time there is at FOP. Since he doesn't do many competitions, there is a lot of open range time. The people I know that shoot at Brock's Gap say there is something going on almost every weekend, and it gets pretty crowded. Another small thing is the price. FOP is cheaper, plus there are no work days. (I sure would make Brock's Gap my "home range" if I could land a job there while I was working on my MBA )

I don't know, what are your thoughts?

Stop by, join, and help us GROW!!!!
Brad_G is offline   Reply With Quote