View Single Post
Old 03-22-2010, 01:14   #6
nickE10mm
F.S.F.O.S.

Send a message via AIM to nickE10mm Send a message via MSN to nickE10mm Send a message via Yahoo to nickE10mm
Quote:
Originally Posted by HOV View Post
I'm still getting used to my G20. So far, I have shot Remington 180-gr UMC FMJ, Buffalo Bore "Heavy 10mm" 180-gr. JHP, and Double Tap 180-gr. w/Nosler JHP.

I have also shot a good quantity of .40 S&W through it with a conversion barrel from KKM.

Accuracy with the loads:

Remington - good
Buffalo Bore - adequate
Double Tap - awful
Any .40 S&W - great

Normally I am a very good shot with the pistol. I cut out ragged holes with pretty much any of my carry pistols up to .45 ACP, but there's a problem somewhere in the system with the hot 10mm stuff.

Do you think it's shooter error, or have any of you had accuracy problems with premium hot 10mm ammo, and DT in particular?
From the simple RAW DATA you're putting here, it would seems that your accuracy is being reduced proportionally as the power is increased.

.40 - least powerful - "great accuracy"
Rem - mild 10mm, a bit more powerful - "good accuracy"
Buffalo Bore - very hot loads - "adequate accuracy"
DT - hottest stuff around - "awful"

Not trying to say anything bad or be rude in the least but ... have you considered the possibility that you are flinching more and more with the more powerful loads? Have you had anyone else shoot groups next to you to compare between shooters? Are you shooting from a bench, slowly, with some gloves or freehand speed shooting?

Things to consider. Many new shooters don't understand or even believe that they are pulling shots until they are "shown" what they're doing (ie, a laser gun sight or a accidental bad flinch, etc). As I said, I don't know how long you've been shooting or if you're already aware of this.... so, just thought I'd offer.

FWIW, I've never had any accuracy problems with DT stuff.... in fact, its some of the more accurate stuff. Practice, Practice, Practice!
10 Ring #1033 - Longslide #1045 - 10mm Loader #1066

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Why do I carry a 10mm?
“Because a 9mm only kills your body… the 10mm kills your soul.”

Last edited by nickE10mm; 03-22-2010 at 01:15..
nickE10mm is offline   Reply With Quote