View Single Post
Old 03-22-2010, 21:58   #10
nickE10mm
F.S.F.O.S.

Send a message via AIM to nickE10mm Send a message via MSN to nickE10mm Send a message via Yahoo to nickE10mm
Quote:
Originally Posted by HOV View Post
No offense taken at all, I've made mention several times that I believe the problem could be me - especially if no one else seems to have accuracy problems with the ammo.

I'm not a new shooter... been shooting for many years and I take pride in trigger discipline that I work on ad nauseum with snap caps and range sessions.

But - I mostly shoot the standard service calibers, so this is the first time I've shot a magnum-level round from an autoloader. When I started getting bad accuracy with the DT ammo, I really put my best trigger discipline game on and took a while to aim and make the shots. Didn't pay didvidends...

Anyway, I've been a miser with this stuff because it's so costly. It would be worth my money to go through more rounds and practice with the full strength until I either improve myself or really identify a material vice user error.

Sounds like you're on the right track to working out your accuracy riddle. Here's my one suggestion (since you seem to know what needs to be done and are actively "doing" it): Don't strive to get out and blow a billion rounds down the tube in the name of "practice". Rather, practice more OFTEN. Ideally, you would go shooting every day in a week but shooting only 25-45 rounds a day. That's what works for me, at least. Its the muscle memory that sets in...not the sheer number of rounds.

My problem is that I don't live out in the woods or I WOULD do that. I have to drive 30 miles to the range and its only open on ONE of my days off a week.... so I don't get the opportunity that I really NEED to stay an ace shot.... but during those times that I DO have that opportunity, my groups shink down to the best they get after a couple consecutive days of shooting.
10 Ring #1033 - Longslide #1045 - 10mm Loader #1066

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Why do I carry a 10mm?
“Because a 9mm only kills your body… the 10mm kills your soul.”
nickE10mm is offline   Reply With Quote