View Single Post
Old 04-15-2010, 14:30   #166
Ceapea

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBR Sailor View Post
I am not an engineer and can only speak from practical experience. When some of the people I train left their Glock magazines loaded for an extended period of time without "resting" the springs, the magazines failed to lock the slide open after the last shot. Most of them fed adequately, but did not lock the slide open. Some of the magazines caused feeding problems. After I replaced the magazine springs, they functioned properly in almost every case. The people who took care of their equipment and "rested" their magazine springs did not have any problems.

No math formula, no scientific studies, just my experience with maintaining over 70 Glock 22 pistols for ten years.
I agree with this.
You know, all anybody has to do is compare a new mag to an old one to see the difference. It's as simple as that! If anyone actually performs that small,easy test, they could never say that springs don't wear out. I mean really! It is not magic, has nothing to do with anything but the fact that there is a difference. What would cause that difference?

Ceapea
Ceapea is offline   Reply With Quote