View Single Post
Old 05-11-2010, 07:42   #22
RussP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfgang View Post
I'm saying, if you are ok in IL, why are you not ok in VA? If you feel that unsafe, stay at home. (Or move to a state that recognizes personal freedom)

What would that visitor do in NYC?

I don't get it. {Keeping in perspective the lack of gun rights in their home state} Why does one desire to show off their gun in VA? Does it make one feel big? Macho? Protected? They don't mind not being protected in their home state?

I have no problem with someone following the law in VA, so I don't really care what the OP does in VA within the law. BUT WHY is it so important? Must be because you can?
Okay, so someone from Illinois does not deserve the same Right afforded the citizens of Virginia, especially if they appear to be applying some importance to carrying for self defense.

I see you are not a fan of open carry. I agree open carrying to show off, to project some air of superiority, those are the wrong reasons. The "protected" has pluses and minuses, depending on the carriers mindset.

That part in red, you can't be serious. Are you not aware of the grass roots efforts to bring carry to IL? Go here and read... http://www.illinoiscarry.com/ They are very busy in Illinois.

"I have no problem with someone following the law in VA, so I don't really care what the OP does in VA within the law. BUT WHY is it so important? Must be because you can?" You think, maybe, you should have posted, "...Must be because it's the only way you can?"

"Comment is free, but facts are sacred." C.P. Scott, 1921
RussP is offline   Reply With Quote