View Single Post
Old 05-27-2010, 22:01   #758
glockfan9
1911Fan9 :)

well i turn 20 in a few months but already on my second gun, i assure you the day i turn 21 i will have my ccw permit. but there were a few defining moments for me even as a youngin lol.
-First, was only about 10 at home and large male tried to get into the house, luckily my grandfather (FDLE) was in town and ran him off and arrested him
-second, about 2 years ago my mom was picking up my little sister from her elementary school bus stop appx 200yds away from my house and a 23yo male decided he didnt want her parked out front of his house and he pulled an old revolver out and pointed it at my mother and 9yo sister. i wasnt there but watching cops fly past my house w/ guns drawn and the thoucht of loosing my mom and sister hit my hard ( even scary to think about now).
-third was me personally, family was out at the movies i came home about 9pm after work, walked in the house and dogs were barking and sprinting around the house very angry ( 3 rottweilers) i walk past a hall and glance over to see a window open and i dont realize it until im half way upstairs.. i sprint up the remaining stairs and lock myself in my room. the dogs continued to bark then they were fine.i sat in my room with a loaded walther p22 ready to fire. very scary moment for a 18yo. i called 911 and they said they would send someone over and i called my mom to come home, mom was home in 3 min and local PD... 3 HOURS! they thought i said there "was someone in my house" and they send a dept over to fill out a report. they didnt take anything and idk if any one actually made it through the house or the dogs scared them away.
- overall, i kno im young but have been raised around firearms and a family and friends in law enforcement. i have been properly trained on how to handle a firearm and i am a very responsible young adult. so with that i say that i will very surely take advantage of the 2nd amendment and my states laws allowing me to carry my ever so wonderfull G19RTF2 thanks for listening everybody
glockfan9 is offline   Reply With Quote