View Single Post
Old 08-24-2010, 12:55   #11
Meathead9

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffreybehr View Post
I just figured it out--you want cartridges that make those big balls of flame as in The Shadow's avatar, right?

http://jeffreybehr.zenfolio.com/p548446203
Nothing gets by you jeffrey...

I have no plans to use my G20L with a 9x25 Dillon conversion barrel for Self Defense. Because of that, I am not concerned with having too much muzzle flash. I have read most of your posts on the infamous muzzle flash, and I have to say I don't get it. I would guess that well over 90% of people use factory ammo for SD, which produces muzzle flash. Both RA45T & RA45TP do out of my G30SF, and most 230gr FMJ's do too. I think most shooters are more concerned about the use of handloads for SD, than the dreaded muzzle flash. Don't get me wrong, I do understand the value of a low flash handload, I just don't see it as the end all-be all of every powder choice for every load.

P.S.
I LOVE MUZZLE FLASH!!!
If I ever have to shoot someone at night with my 9x25 Dillon, I'll put on earplugs and a welding mask. Then I won't even have to hit him, it'll be just like a flash bang...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffreybehr View Post
Has anyone tried a 357SIG powder-thru die for mouth expansion? Seems to me it'd work finely backed out a little.
As far as I know, Dillon uses the same powder through expander die for both the 357sig & 9x25 Dillon. I'm guessing most 9x25 Dillon loaders enjoy making custom ammo, and use single stage presses. The RCBS 9mm expander die works so well, Dillon should make one to complete a 4 die set...

On a side note, I have posted my load data in the 9x25 Dillon sticky. So far, I've got my 90gr XTP's well over 1900fps, and should break 2000fps soon.

The only case gauge I know of is the 9x25 Dillon barrel itself, and it has worked just fine for me so far.

Last edited by Meathead9; 08-24-2010 at 14:05..
Meathead9 is offline   Reply With Quote