View Single Post
Old 09-18-2010, 06:04   #4
Mas Ayoob
KoolAidAntidote

Most of my carry pistols have standard Trijicons or equivalent. My current favorite backup, S&W M&P 340, was bought primarily for its sights: Big Dot up front, proportionally humongous U-notch rear, a unique combination that provides speed AND accuracy. It also has a CT laser sight fitted. I'm very pleased with the Scott Warren Tactical night sights on my G31, and the Heinie sights on one of my G17s and one of my 1911s.

Match guns? I've been VERY happy with Advantage Tactical sights on the primary competition Glock I use, a G17. A couple hundred rounds practice gets you to excellent precision accuracy when you need it, but the concept is super fast in close. Advantage Tactical advertises here on Glock Talk and is easy to get to.

On current road trip I have Novak/Trijicons on my carry 1911, an Ed Brown signature model, and the match gun I have with me is a Wilson Combat CQB Elite with big U-notch rear and green fiber optic front. For IDPA shooting, which is mostly daylight, I'm pleased with the speed these give. For me personally, the bright glowing "front dot" of fiber optic in daylight overwhelms the eye a little and makes it difficult for uber-prices sight alignment for pure accuracy shooting, but in the majority of close-and-fast IDPA stages, I do a bit better with the fiber optic front.

Vision is a highly subjective and personal thing, and every shooter needs to try several systems to find which is best for THEM.

best,
Mas
Mas Ayoob is offline   Reply With Quote