View Single Post
Old 12-12-2010, 19:55   #1
IvanW

S&W 640-1 Gun Show find!

I posted this on a couple other forums I am on, but thought I'd put it here as well to share my good fortune.
I was at the Harrisburg, PA, MAAC Gun Show yesterday and came across a pristine, 640-1; no lock, NIB. It has beautiful cocobolo grips on and Hogues in the case. The stainless finish is so bright I thought it was nickel at first. The dealer had bought the gun along with many others from a broker who was trying to liquidate a fairly large group of guns a semi-private dealer needed to dispose of, as he had some money issues.
When I initially saw the price ($429) I thought it was a used gun, but closer examination showed the factory grease, etc. in it and it was definitely unfired. The price included the background check so with tax I was on my way for $454!!
This model has been on my short list for awhile and I couldn't believe the deal. The only other 640 I saw at the show was a used, rusty one that I had passed on at the last H-burg show. That dealer had even raised the price of that gun to $579! A local GS I deal with has a 640 with the lock for over $600, so I'm still pinching myself. Even better, the dealer I bought the gun from said it was his understanding that this gun should be eligible for the $50 rebate from S&W. I'll put that paperwork in the mail tomorrow.
I'll try to attch a couple pics of the cleaned up gun, but I've never posted pics before, so bear with me.<!-- google_ad_section_end --> <!-- / message --><!-- attachments -->
Attached Thumbnails
The Snubbie Club - Click for larger version   The Snubbie Club - Click for larger version   The Snubbie Club - Click for larger version  
IvanW is offline   Reply With Quote