View Single Post
Old 12-22-2010, 01:12   #18
Edmo01

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayouGlocker View Post
I know I'm a little late to the party, but at almost 23 years of age, I've decided to enlist in the AF. Going through some things trying to get a waiver, since I was diagnosed with childhood asthma. I ran track and cross country in high school, so hopefully this will be cleared up.....

I'm very interested in Security Forces, but open to other jobs as well.

Anyways, as a (hopeful) recruit, any advice?
Don't try to hide an illness when you fill out the forms. If they need a waiver, they'll get one. Otherwise you risk being discharged if the find out at a later date that you were less than honest.

Get in shape prior to basic... Running, situps, pushups, pullups, etc. USAF Basic Training is more physical than it used to be and you'll be challenged physically and mentally. The training will go easier if you are already in shape. Don't wait for them to get you into shape.

Pick a job you think you'll enjoy. Every job has a suck side, but most are rewarding. There is always the "needs of the Air Force" with regards to job placement, so you might not get what you want. Flying jobs mean long hours, time from home, and lot of study and challenge. However, they can be very rewarding. I flew most of my 21 years and enjoyed it.

Good luck if you decide to go in.

Edmo
Edmo01 is offline   Reply With Quote