View Single Post
Old 10-12-2008, 11:53   #20
Misty02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swattie's Wife View Post
I am looking for reviews of shoulder holsters. I currently have the one I use with a belt but I don't like it (it hurts my hipbone). I thought I would get one for the shoulder. I thought about the gun purse but my husband doesn't think that would be a good idea. I'm trying to get my CCL so I'll be practicing more and would like to carry my gun more comfortable. Thanks in advance!! Any ideas would be greatly accepted!!!

For those who don't know me I am Swattie's wife
I am still waiting for my CWL; it should be received shortly since they have already cashed my check. However, I have been carrying on my person for about a month while at home. The idea was to find the most comfortable and efficient way for me to carry.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
I did not like the idea of the carry purse for obvious reasons. I canít all of a sudden keep my purse on my shoulder at all times when visiting friends when before I just left it in their family room or bedroom. The same holds true if attending a house party, most people would leave their purse at a central place, you donít really see others walking around with their purse on them at all times. When you go to a restaurant you lay your purse on the chairís back or on an empty chair next to you. There were just too many occasions when the purse was at the reach of others.<o:p></o:p>
A quick inventory of my closet revealed that my clothing didnít have belt loops. My wardrobe consists of business wear and light casual wear for evenings and weekends. I live in <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Miami</st1:place></st1:City>; the hot weather doesnít really lend itself for much layering. I have purchased a few light, buttoned shirts to wear open over my regular casual wear to assist in concealing the new bump.<o:p></o:p>
I have seen the undershirt holsters on line and that seemed like a great idea; however, the neckline was too high and wouldnít go with most of the outer clothing I wore. One thing that worked for me, is to purchase a tight fitting exercise tank top made of some spandex material (so that it stays in place). You may have to look a bit before you find an exercise tank top that doesnít stop at the waist, you want something that goes down to your hip if your preferred carry position is at the hip or back. To this tank top add pockets at your preferred carry position with the best cant for you, this can be at the back, hips or the torso under your arm. You can add multiple pockets so that you can alternate carry positions depending on what you are wearing. This is used in conjunction with the Nemesis pocket holster; it is sticky and will stay in place. Since the shirt just has the stitched up pocket and not the holster itself, it is very easy to machine wash without damaging or deforming your holster. I tried this for several hours while on our deck; although comfortable, unless I am going from one air conditioned place to another it is not as practical for our hotter summer months. I will be falling back to this once the heat is not as intolerable. I sent the idea to DeSantis Holster to see if they can come up with something that looks a bit more professional, mine isnít that pretty but it works. This is supposed to be an undergarment so unless I have to lift my outer shirt to draw no one will ever see it.<o:p></o:p>
For now I am using the belly band and plan to use this one during the hotter days of the year. The fanny pack will be used when going to park or outside parties where a more a more casual look is appropriate.

I hope this helps someone.

"In making tactical dispositions, the highest pitch you can attain is to conceal them." - Sun Tzu

Outpost Member #69