View Single Post
Old 03-01-2011, 14:40   #9
RustyShackelford
> OD Glock 32 <

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrishurley87 View Post
I don't see how that can pass/hold up as it is a violation of the Constitution. As much as I dislike fanatical Muslims, they're entitled to believe whatever they want. If those beliefs result in braking other laws; ie: perpetuating violence towards others or attempting to overthrow the government, well that's why those laws are there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Santa CruZin View Post
What I find dangerous about this bill is it implies credence to perceived legitimacy of Sharia as an alternative to American law. A crime is a crime, no matter what religious flag you wave in front of your justifications. I would never legitimize Sharia by banning it because it already has no merit for proving for guilt or innocence when considering criminal complaints. Sharia is nothing but a shield for common criminals to hide behind and in my opinion has no basis in our court system for any purpose. If we ban it, it will be defended and if the ban is overturned (as our present administration would likely do), what is the end result? A stronger Sharia foothold in our court system than we started with? No thanks.

Put the scumbag in jail because he beat his wife, not because he did it out of his religious "principals".
Well said.
TOP GUN 357SIG, Florida Glocker Clubs member #420

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
, straight stock (so far)
----------------------------
Ray Zalinsky: "What the American public doesn't know is what makes them the American public."
RustyShackelford is offline   Reply With Quote