View Single Post
Old 04-19-2011, 14:04   #11
50 Cent

Nods

Quote:
Originally Posted by glockjeeper View Post
Well I have some not so good news.

Went shooting earlier with the red set on my 36-7 and the black set on my 642-1. All I can say is OWW! The bottom of the grip is flat and digs into my pinky when firing. The dished out area for the speedloader also digs into my thumb and web area when firing.

Needless to say I wasn't very happy. I came home and swapped my Uncle Mikes back on both and will be contacting VZ about a solution. If I can't return them they will be for sale if anyones interested.

This is just me and my experience. I still believe VZ makes a quality product. Just think it needs a few more rounded edges and maybe some checkering too, as they also seem a little slick to me.

Do they cover the backstrap on the 642? I LUV good wood on a snubby but unfortunately it doesn't seem to be practical. Had a set of SS grips and they sure looked good but smarted during a range session. So I ended up putting a pair Pachmayr Compacts on it (like I have on my M85 & SP 101) and never looked back. The Pacs made drawing/gripping and firing during an extended range session easy and comfortable and didn't compromise the concealability of the 642.

Nothing pretty or romantic looking about them but then again a bad guy isn't going be grading your grips for good looks if you have to clear leather in a SD situation.