View Single Post
Old 05-09-2011, 13:31   #13
dosei

Quote:
Originally Posted by barstoolguru View Post
quote: "Concealed carriers generally wear holsters! This is a key point. Most felons I have known or have heard about won’t carry a firearm in a holster".

I am making a comment on RussP’s tread “LE perspective: dealing with legally carrying a concealed weapon “ and in the article the author makes a comment that “Concealed carriers generally wear holsters! This is a key point. Most felons I have known or have heard about won’t carry a firearm in a holster“.
The question is why do you think they don’t?
is there an advantage to not wearing one?
Is there a “cool factor” involved?
Is it just a money thing ?
Is it just that they don’t know it is safer or just don‘t care?

lets face it.... it amazes me that they can carry a weapon in there pants with out one they are so loose

If you understood the origins of the term "mexican carry", you would then understand the reason why those who illegally carry a firearm generally prefer to not use a holster.

F2blica understands the reason...
Quote:
Originally Posted by F2blica View Post
If they have to ditch their "piece" quickly they're not caught walking around with a holster on their hip when a cop is questioning them.
"Know where the attack against you is likely to come, whether on the street or in court, and have a proven counter already in place" (Mas Ayoob)
dosei is offline   Reply With Quote