View Single Post
Old 05-25-2011, 17:24   #36
nickE10mm
F.S.F.O.S.

Send a message via AIM to nickE10mm Send a message via MSN to nickE10mm Send a message via Yahoo to nickE10mm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave T View Post
Based on this thread and a number of others I've seen on the internet, my question is why those reloading for the 10mm seem to dis-regard almost all the normal, accepted safety rules of reloading? As an example, one guy posted that his primers were a little flat but he thought he could push it a little father. What the (expletive deleted) is it about this cartridge that spawns this stuff?

Maybe it would help to just admit the 10mm is not a magnum revolver cartridge and quit trying to load it like one. (shaking head in disbelief)

Dave
1. Most (90% or more) factory loads (and most published handload recipes, in fact) only mimic .40SW ballistics. What's the point of all that case capacity if you see no benefit?

2. The 10mm is RIGHT on the edge of being a significant hunting caliber with the other magnums but unless you load closer to 37,500psi, it's only a service caliber.

I'm not condoning the OP or thread necessarily; just observing. Most of us don't want to load over pressure. Being over book doesn't necessarily mean over pressure. YMMV.
10 Ring #1033 - Longslide #1045 - 10mm Loader #1066

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Why do I carry a 10mm?
“Because a 9mm only kills your body… the 10mm kills your soul.”

Last edited by nickE10mm; 05-26-2011 at 18:59..
nickE10mm is offline   Reply With Quote